Thursday 6 December 2012

Mega Mall, Bagna, Bangkok

With Christmas just 3 weeks away, I thought I'd see if I could find any gifts to myself, (from Santa), at the new Mega Mall mall on Sukhumvit at Bang Na. Everybody say 'arghh, billy-no-mates, sad bastard'. 




I drove on to Road 7 in Pattaya at 8.40am this morning and drove in to the car park at the Mega Mall just 1hr 5mins later, a distance of 112kms. All driving done within the speed limit, (mathmeticians need not comment). All the various shops open at 10.00am so I had the pleasure of picking my spot in the biggest car park I've ever seen. 





Although you can't tell from my photos, the Mall is not only home to a host of popular shop brands but also Ikea, Robinson, Big C, and Homepro stores. It's a one-stop shop for a do-it-yourself nut who likes to cook and wants to buy a pair of overalls. I went home..... no, hang on. The Mall is on 2 floors only so instead of the escalators doing the walking, you have to do it. Jeez, my feet were killing me when I'd finished. The mistake I made was getting stuck in the Ikea maze. I bought some clothes pegs and must have walked 2 effing miles to find the check-out. Nobody better touch them pegs....... I shopped, wandered and ate for about 6 hours and then found that leaving wasn't as easy as arriving. Half of Bangkok seemed to be exiting the car park around 4.00pm so the queues were painful. On top of that I had to drive 4kms further towards Bangkok to find a U-Turn for Chonburi. 




The Mega Mall is a shoppers delight but I would only go again if I wanted the mall and something from the connected stores. I don't think I'd go it again just for the mall. I'm sure ladies would as I recognised a number of UK and HK ladies fashion brands that I can't recall seeing in any of Central's malls, not that I was looking........ The best find for me was a Mrs Field's Cookies outlet. It brought back happy memories for me of getting them as a gift from a Thai girl in Wanchai, HK, some years back. Don't know what she wanted...... Happy days.......

No comments:

Post a Comment