Monday 14 January 2013

Django Unchained - Yawn...



Sat through 2hr 45mins of Django Unchained and found the ride reasonably enjoyable but instantly forgettable. No classic here and I love Westerns. A number of scenes just go on and on and I suspect it's to fit in all Tarantino's quirky dialogue. In fact it's more verbiage than dialogue at times. Then other scenes are just added for humour and add little to the movie - the KKK bag scene springs to mind here. More importantly for me, Jamie Foxx never really nails the slave come bounty hunter lead role. Too much pretty boy and not enough hard man.









If you want to see a great Western, check out Open Range with Kevin Costner and Robert Duval.  It's got the lot and includes one of the best, most realistic, gun fight scenes ever put on film. I've watched it about seven times and will watch it again. I doubt Django will get a second viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment