Friday 18 December 2009

Avatar

I went to see Avatar at Central on the Beach Road yesterday.

Really enjoyed the 2hr 40mins movie and a couple of eleven year olds in our group gave it a score of ten out of ten. Professional reviews are all over the Internet so I won't even try. What I will say is it is visually stunning in 2D so I can't imagine what it looks like in 3D.

Things to note.

The movie is rated PG13.

The show times on the Internet didn't seem to tie in with the showtimes at the cinema. The 2D version is shown all day from 11:40am but the 3D version is only shown in the evenings.

Ticket prices for the 2D version are Bt600, Bt150 and Bt120. I bought Bt150 tickets and the seats are probably the worst I've sat in at a modern cinema. The lumber support seems to push you out of the seat and when you recline and mold yourself to the seat you end up staring at the ceiling. I tried the Bt120 seats on the way out and they are much better. It's wort h considering when a movie runs for 2hr 40mins.

Enjoy it. I did, in spite of the seat!!!
 

Posted via email from Pattaya Post

No comments:

Post a Comment