Saturday 2 January 2010

Facebook Friends M.I.A.

A pal is in town and we got to talking about Facebook. It didn't take long before we realised we weren't seeing each others updates on Facebook.

We both checked 'Settings' and the problem wasn't there. I used 'Help' and ended up in FAQ's at Facebook Community. The answer was there and as a Facebook novice, I found the answer surprising.

If you go to your Facebook 'Home' page, click on 'View Live Feed' and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Edit Settings', you should see a screen like the one attached.  I've got in excess of 350 friends but the "Maximum number of friends shown in Live Feed' was set to 250. How does this work then? How does Facebook decide which 250 to show. Is it the first 250 friends to join Pattaya Rag? However it works, I've been missing out on updates.

I incresed the maximum number to 500, saved settings and then refreshed the Facebook page and the updates from my missing friend appeared in my Live Feed.

If you have a large number of friends then you too could be missing out on updates.

Posted via email from Pattaya Post

No comments:

Post a Comment