Monday 7 June 2010

Saturday night on the town.

We started out at the Beer Garden and I have to say it was doing a roaring trade. All seats at the big bar were taken and many tables around the perimeter were also occupied. The seats at the bar were evenly shared out between farangs and Thai girls. In fact there were far more girls in the bar than I've seen before. It's a great bar in a great location and deserves to do well. Bottled beer is priced around Bt65 which is very reasonable for just off Walking Street.
Our second port of call was the newish open air beer bars out over the seas just after the sea food restaurants as you start in to Walking Street. No I didn't check the name. What do you think I am, a professional!!! You'd have thought Brad Pitt had walked in with the reception we got from the girls. Clear sign they're not doing much business. We stopped for a beer at the next to last bar on the right which had a plentiful supply of girls crammed behind the bar and free food... There was also a very attractive blonde Thai girl who served us with fresh fruit. Very pretty indeed. The reason for the shortage of customers was probably explained when we were charged Bt90 for a beer. If I can pay less in an air-conditioned go-go why would I pay more to sweat it out at an open air bar. The place was pleasant enough but did nothing to make me think I'd go back.  
Our next beer was in the new Cavern Go Go which was rammed jammed with women. In fact I must have had my tackle mishandled half a dozen times before I found a seat. Now the show and dancers were just okay in my book but what made the Cavern a winner for me was the friendly nature of the girls waiting to dance. I got chatting with a girl seconded from Peppermint and she was a bundle of fun. Had me laughing for most of the time I was there. I'd go back for the friendly girls but not so much for what was on stage.















Next up was Living Dolls 1 which was just okay. I suspect the stars of the bar were out which took the edge off what is a very popular bar with many regulars to Pattaya. AfterLiving Dolls 1 we checked out the coyote bar at the entrance to the Living Dolls 1 alley.  No, I didn't spot the name.... We were quickly hit on to buy ladies drinks which turns me off a bit but I did like sitting in the window fronting Walking Street to watch the talent go by. Beer a bit expensive but more than a few attractive girls to keep you happy if you are in the market. 
For some reason that escapes me we then made the long walk down to Soho. We checked out Club Boesche which is a shadow of it's former glory. Few girls and even fewer customers. Looks to be really struggling which is sad. It was one of my favourite bars in it's prime. We then called in X-Zone upstairs and it at least had a few girls and a few customers. Soho struck as an area in decline. My own feeling is the majority of punters enter Walking Street from the Beach Road and there are just too many bars between the start of Walking Street and Soho. Normally when I drink on Walking Street I'm lucky to get further than Soi Diamond.
We headed back to Soi Diamond to the Sea Go Go which for me punches above it's weight. Small place but plenty of friendly, buxom talent to go round. Again, more girls than customers which pretty much summed up the night.
















We hit a few more bars but as I can't remember their names there's not much I can say about them. My overall impression from the night was the girls are hungry. Even the stars are making an effort. Good time to be a monger in Pattaya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment