Blogger and techie Sean Bonner offers a dead simple way to keep all of your Facebook events synced up with your Google Calendar so you don't have to manage two completely separate social calendars to keep your days straight.
Even if you don't use Facebook all that often (or maybe especially if you don't), this is a nice option. Once set up, you can check one calendar (your Google Calendar) to see what's going on with your Facebook friends and with whatever else you've hooked into GCal. Getting it set up is simple:
- In Facebook, go to your EVENTS page.
- At the top of that page click EXPORT EVENT
- You'll get a pop up window with a URL, copy it.
- In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ‘Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD
- One of the new options you'll be presented with is ADD BY URL, select that
- Paste the URL from Facebook where it asks for it.
I never check my Facebook events calendar until events pass me by, but I'm always keeping an eye on GCal. After performing this simple setup, you won't need to worry as much about missing an event just because you're not all that big on Facebook.