Thursday 1 October 2009

Transferring Non-Immigrant Visa to new passport

Went to Immigration (Jomtien Soi 5) this morning to transfer my visa from my old passport to my new passport. I had already picked up the requisite form and attached photocopies of all the relevant pages of my old passport plus a photocopy of the bio page of my new passport. Job done I thought. Not quite.

I found out I needed a letter from Barry Kenyon, the local British Consul, which I didn't have. Fortunately Barry was at the Immigration Office at the time so he knocked out the letter there and then. Job done.

If you ever need to transfer your visa to a new passport just be aware of this last requirement. Barry's in Immigration most mornings but I'm not sure he's there all day so plan accordingly.

Got to give Barry and the Immigration staff at Soi 5 a big plus for their courtesy and efficiency. If you ever went to the old Immigration Office off Sathorn Road in Bangkok you'll know just how lucky we are to have Soi 5.    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment