Friday 23 October 2009

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' movie opens October 28th



For more info on the movie go to Rotten Tomatoes.

Theatre date for Thailand to be confirmed.

Given how big a star he was, it's strange how unfashionable it became to play his music. Yes, the scandal(s) didn't help but this was the biggest star on the planet bar none. His absence from the charts and concerts over the last few years can hardly detract from the  outstanding body of work he produced over 35 years. Sinatra and Ray Charles had their skelatons but they're still revered.
Where did MJ go wrong. After all, he's no Gary Glitter and his music hasn't aged badly like Saturday Night Fever (SNF). I mean SNF was massive at the start of the 80's and I loved it then but when I hear those high pitched vocals now I could scream. Wonder why the Bee Gee's didn't name themselves the Aee Cees....
Anyway, back to MJ. I reckon he deserves a break. I for one will go to see his movie just to see if produces the magic one last time. I have to say I'm not optimistic as I suspect the movie is just one more attempt to make money from his name. Let's hope not.



        
http://pattayarag.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment