Friday 23 August 2013

I'm watching EPL on Thai CTH

Thanks to Rag reader Terry W., I had two CTH satellite boxes installed at my home today just two days after placing the order. Looking good, bye bye Truevisions.


Sky News HD

It cost me Bt1,500 for two boxes, Bt500 for two HDMI cables and Bt250 for a cable splitter. That was it, no charge for cable and no obvious charge for labour. Could I have bought the HDMI cables and splitter cheaper elsewhere? Possibly, but the guy did such a good job I didn't quibble.

Everything's installed and I haven't paid anything yet for the channel package. On top of that, the satellite guy went to CTH Laem Chabang to pick up the CTH boxes and had them coded at the shop. I believe the coding normally happens after installation and you can wait days for the technician to turn up to do the job.

There are 274 channels, at least half of which are in Thai. No problem for me as there are more than enough English channels to keep me happy. What's the 'Men' channel all about I wonder - beautiful women sitting around in their underwear. Might be of interest if I was in Saudi but I can't see it having much value to the male population of Thailand......

So far so good. The electronic program schedules are a bit inconsistent, some listed, some not but I  can live with it. Oh and did I mention the footie......

Update: I forgot to mention the Bt1,800/- deposit I had to pay CTH on each box.


No comments:

Post a Comment