Thailand's National Counter-Corruption Commission (NCCC) has set up subcommittees to investigate malfeasance charges against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, former transport minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit and former Highway Department chief Srisuk Chanthrangsu.
NCCC spokesman Klanarong Chanthik said a subcommittee, headed by NCCC member Chaided Phornchaiya, will look into alleged involvement of the deposed prime minister in a special-mode bidding for security services at Suvarnabhumi international airport.
Mr. Thaksin chaired the airport's executive board.
Another subcommittee, headed by NCCC member Phakdee Bhothisiri, will investigate alleged involvement of the former transport minister in the graft in relation to duty-free shops at Suvarnabhumi international airport and provincial airports as well as a commercial development project at Suvarnabhumi airport terminals.
Another subcommittee, headed by Mr. Chaided, will look into alleged involvement of the former highways chief in bidding for construction of four-lane roads financed by Japan Bank for International Cooperation [via Bangkok Post]
- The following articles appeared on the news wires today, hot on the heels of yesterday's post regarding Thailand's virulent strain of HIV:
- Stories have been circulating on the boards for a few weeks that pick pockets were targeting passengers on Baht Buses. On Tuesday, two sisters and two male friends were arrested when trying to rob a falang passenger on a Baht Bus in Soi Buakaow. Hopefully, this will be the end of it so that Baht Bus drivers can again have their monopoly on fleecing Baht Bus passengers. The full story on the arrest is at Pattaya Daily News
- The Pattaya International Balloon Festival will be held from 8 - 12 December at Thammasart University, Pattaya Campus in honour of the King's 80th birthday.
- Singapore Airlines (SIA) will hike its fuel surcharge for passengers beginning December 4, due to the rising costs of jet fuel, the carrier said Thursday
- A fire on Wednesday night in an upstairs room at the Family House Beer Bar opposite the Central Festival Center at the North end of Pattaya Second Road caused 100,000Baht worth of damage. Fire Rescue Units were scrambled to the location to fight the fire which was quickly brought under control. The cause of the fire was put down to an electrical short circuit. Nobody was injured.
- Miss Croatia in Playboy - Leona Rajacic, another Croatian winner.....
- Stuffing your system with tons of fancy fonts may not be the best idea because, as you probably know, the number of installed fonts can rapidly change the speed at which your system loads. Your system may have become slower without you even knowing it because many applications do install their own fonts that they (do not) need which adds to the size of your fonts folder.
It therefore would be good to pick those fonts that you want (need) and those which you do not which would have the effect that you would still have all the fonts you work with normally and experience a faster system at the same time. Also, if you’re into fonts and use many variations of them for your work / hobby purposes, you may appreciate a great source of free fonts I’d like to mention underneath.
Font Frenzy is a great tool for font management available as a free download. This application consists of 4 parts allowing you to put your fonts in order. DeFrenzy backs up all additional fonts to a specified directory and erases them from the font folder so that it in fact restores the default state after Windows installation.
FrenzySnap cooperates with DeFrenzy by first allowing you to make a snapshot of currently used fonts and return to that state using DeFrenzy later on. ReFrenzy provides you a simple way to restore previously saved fonts from your back-ups. Last but not least, FrenzyMan allows you to manage each single font individually meaning that you can check one or more of them and then execute certain actions like Adding/Erasing, Loading/Unloading and so on. The last advantage of this lovely tool is that you can simply change the text working as a preview for installed fonts along with its size.
Besides managing or deleting fonts from your system, you might also want to choose some beautiful ones and add them into your system using the previously described utility. Fawnt.com offers hundreds of high quality fonts for free. It lets you preview the fonts, rate them, use custom preview text, check the package content details and download it free of charge. You can find some pretty bizarre pieces here.
You need to take a look at the link “10000 more fonts” at the bottom of the page after you are finished looking at the picks on the main page. This link is well worth it. [via gHacks]
- Japanese Boob Counters - Japanese game show where they stick pedometers on girls boobs and see how far they travel when jumping up and down..... Weird or what!
- Food myths - Two bananas are the equivalent of a beefsteak False: You need at least 12 to 14 bananas to equate the protein value of 100g of a beefsteak, but it is more nutritious to eat 12 bananas than a beefsteak
- In a signed declaration, Iraqi Minister Nouri al-Maliki said that Iraq is ready to build a relationship with the U.S. in a sustainable way that protects mutual interests. Apparently they already gave the contracts to build that relationship to Halliburton
- Good news - Britney's learnt a bit of decorum and started to dress down under .......