Thai girls in the middle of rural north-east Thailand are dumping their foreign husbands by the score, a senior judge said on Saturday. Of the 142 divorce cases filed in Khon Kaen Civil Court in the last three months most involved local girls seeking to split from their foreign spouses, Patikorn Khonpipat, chief justice of the Juvenile and Family Court told the Nation daily.
The judge could give no reason for the recent turning away from foreign husbands who have been sought after by women from this relatively deprived region for the last several decades. He speculated that Thai girls had unreasonable expectations of a superior lifestyle and high incomes when they married foreign men - only to become sharply disillusioned quite quickly. Few Thais nowadays live in abject poverty.
There are no reliable statistics for the number of Thai women marrying foreigners with many marriages not registered in Thailand, but it seems likely to be quite high.Many of the single men who visit Thailand's notoriously raunchy nightlife zones come away with a girl in tow.
More respectable women are finding it easy to link up with lonely foreigners thanks to a plenitude of Internet dating sites where girls who can hardly speak English can connect with men hoping to find an "exotic" Thai partner.
In Roi Et province, next to Khon Kaen, there is a "Swiss Village" so-called because more than 100 women there have married foreign men, with already married girls introducing others.
A couple of years ago the National Economic and Social Development Board discovered that 15,284 women in the sprawling north-eastern region were married to foreigners and live overseas, which prompted the economic think tank to promote the idea that foreign-married girls could help channel investment back to Thailand.
The latest news suggests either that many country girls think they have already received sufficient investment or are no longer prepared to pay the price of an unsatisfactory marriage [via IOL]
Ed. This could be a case of county girls seeing a bit of the world with their farang husband's and basically having their eyes opened to the fact they can do better. Ouch. The times they are a changing.
- Soi 6 Corner Bar - free B.B.Q Sunday morning for Hatton v Mayweather. Location corner Soi 6 and Second Road. Soi 6 bars will be opening just as the fight finishes......
- TQ2 Birthday Party, 8.30pm, Sunday, Dec 9
- Japanese automaker Suzuki Motor Corp. announced plans Friday to build a new plant in central Thailand to produce low-emission cars starting in 2010. The mini-car specialist plans to invest 9.5 billion baht (313 million dollars) in the facility and hire 1,200 employees, it said in a statement.
Suzuki aims to build more than 100,000 low emission cars in the country over the next five years to take advantage of tax breaks being offered by the kingdom to automakers producing environmentally friendly vehicles. Thailand has offered tax incentives to automakers to produce eco-cars that meet the next generation of European emission standards.
Honda Motor and Toyota Motor are also expanding their operations in Thailand, despite lingering uncertainty about the Thai economy. [via Yahoo!]
- The Election Commission threatened to take tough measures against those who distributed CDs containing video clips of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra. About 5 million CDs were thought to have been distributed in crucial northern provinces. Mr Apichart said he has listened to the controversial CD and found that it contains rousing public messages, which is inappropriate. [via Bangkok Post]
- Do not marry a Thai bride they will rip you off - extract from 'The Virgin Trade'. This is a warning about marrying Thai woman via the Internet and bride agencies.
- Beyonce being a bit more flash than usual or just a good Photoshop tweak?
- WiPeer not only supports directly file sharing between computers, but also playing multi-player games, chatting, and collaboration between programs.
Here’s two examples of how you could use WiPeer as described on the web site:
- You are visiting your friends and would like to transfer photos of a shared trip from your laptop to theirs. Wouldn’t it be great if you could share your files with them directly from one computer to the other?
- You are sitting in a boring lecture. You and your friends all have laptops, but your university has not installed an access point in the lecture room. Wouldn’t it be great if you could play a game of Chess or Reversi against them, or even gossip with them about yesterday’s football match?
Ad-Hoc social networks - WiPeer is also like an IM application, whereby you can create your own profiles and send chat requests from the program itself. You can also see who else is online if they are running WiPeer in proximity.
Interactive Multiplayer Games - This program is cool! It comes with games built into it like chess, Chinese checkers, Reversi, and Connect 4!
File Sharing & File Searching - You can share files or complete folders with others using WiPeer. You can also search files that are shared out by other WiPeer users, but does not show private files.
Create Ad-Hoc networks - This is obviously the best feature of WiPeer! You can create a connection between two computers without any reliance on routers, access points, or any other third party infrastructure. They can be formed anywhere, like on trains, buses, airplanes, etc.
Here are a couple of the major features of this nifty little application:
It’s a good idea to keep the program on your USB stick also just in case you run into a friend that you would like to share data with, but they don’t have WiPeer installed on their computer. It’s a tiny program (only 4MB) and doesn’t take up very many resources at all!
Overall, a great program that should have been created a long time ago! Works wonderfully and saves a TON of hassle! Enjoy! [via Online Tech Tips]
- he laid her on the table
so white and clean and bare
his forehead wet with beads of sweat
he rubbed her here and there
he touched her neck and felt her breast
then drooling felt her thigh
the slit was wet and all was set
he gave a joyous cry.
the hole was wide
he looked inside
all was dark and murky
he rubbed his hands and stretched his arms
then stuffed the Xmas turkey
[from Tutsey on Pattaya Secrets]