Had a wander round the bars last night and got the feeling there were fewer punters in the bars and more girls back in the shop window. For sure, Walking Street's still busy with tourists but it just seemed a bit less so than 10 days ago. Down Soi 6, the girls were saying business was slow and the Soi 6 bars had more staff around in the evening than I've seen for a while. Down Soi 7 / 8 the bars were fully staffed and the Sexy Girls Go Go had some stars back in the bar. Maybe the 'surge before air ticket price hike' theory is correct.
As a counter to the surge theory, a pal based in Thailand returned to England on business in early November and was booked to get back to Thailand just before Christmas. He finished his 'business' early and understandably wanted to get back to Thailand a.s.a.p. He had to wait 2 weeks to get a seat on a flight to Thailand. Everything was booked solid.
Back to the bars. A couple of weeks ago I met a pretty TG girl walking in Soi 15 who said she worked in the Simon's Bar area opposite Tony's. I was so impressed with her, I headed down there last night with Snake to see if I could walk her out for a few hours! Just before we get to the bars, I spot a couple of beauties on the street and managed to talk them into having a drink with us. Turns out the two girls worked in a karaoke near Alcazar which probably explained the expanse of chesty flesh on display. Works for me. Things were working fine until Snake decided he preferred my girl and tried to work a trade. When that failed, he tried to arrange a double up which also failed and impressed the girls so much they exited stage left. I think I've mentioned before what a considerate and thoughtful pal, Snake can be....... I had a look round Simon's for the girl I met on Soi 15 but no luck. Problem is, when I get my beer goggles on, they all look the same.
On the subject of beer goggles, earlier in the evening Snake had insisted on visiting a particular bar in Soi 6 to reacquaint himself with a stunner he claimed had made the earth move for him, a couple of weeks earlier. We get set up in the bar when said girl comes in and the kindest thing I can say about her is she was a first class minger. I've never seen Snake down his drink so quickly. I think seeing the girl without his goggles and remembering what he'd done with her weighed heavily on him for the rest of the evening. He's charmless at the best of times but last night even more so. I must admit, it left me feeling a bit queasy for a while and I hadn't swapped body fluids with her......
- A Norwegian was beaten up and severely injured allegedly by a British bar owner and employees late Saturday night. Police said Bjorn Tennebek, 45, was admitted to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital at 3:30 am Sunday. His two eyes were badly injured with sprayed pepper and he suffered severe cuts on his head and had a badly-bruised face. The man told police that the owner of Champagne Go-Go Bar on Soi Buakhao, Central Pattaya, assaulted him.
He said he went to drink at the bar Saturday night and when he was about to pay his bill, he found that he was overcharged by Bt60. When he asked the cashier to review the bill, the bar owner, who appeared to be a Briton, showed up and alleged that he was refusing to pay the bill. The tourist told police that the Briton sprayed pepper over his eyes and had two or three bar workers drag him out and they started beating him. He said passer-bys helped send him to the hospital.
Pattaya police chief Pol Col Noppadol Wongnom said he would later interrogate the Norwegian so that police would take legal action against the bar owner. [via The Nation]
Ed. There's got to be more to this than 60Baht. Well I hope there is otherwise the response from the bar staff is extraordinary even by Pattaya standards
- From solemn Buddhist prayers and "black magic" rituals to stiffer fines and longer jail terms, Thailand is going to extraordinary lengths to ensure a clean election this month. Few analysts believe it will make any difference in the Southeast Asia nation with a long history of patronage and rampant vote buying.
But Kasem Wattanatham, election chief in the northeast province of Buriram, hopes supernatural forces will prevail where more worldly efforts to fight vote fraud do not. Kasem called in a 90-year-old faith healer to lead 200 officials and police in a "black magic" ceremony where they swore not to breach election laws. [via Reuters]
- It's a good thing Gemma Atkinson was voted off the UK version of "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here". She thought the jungle diet might diminish her 34F boobs. [via The Sun]
- Apartment sales booming in Bangkok - Apinun Pongthavornsawas had to rush to beat a crowd of potential buyers hoping to snap up apartments in a new development in downtown Bangkok, near the city's elevated train line. Tired of battling Bangkok's traffic every day, the 44-year-old engineer decided to spend three million baht ($88,750) on a unit in a development that hasn't even broken ground yet. His was among the 16,000 apartments sold in the first 10 months of the year, driving a trend that pushed sales up 20 percent over the same period last year, according to Siam City Securities."I almost wasn't able to get this unit, because so many people wanted to buy it, "Apinun said. "The condo is just next to the BTS station and very easy to commute, "he said, referring to the capital's elevated rail lines.
Khan Prachuabmoh, president of the Government Housing Bank, said political instability, high oil prices and rising inflation were among the negative factors hurting the economy and the property market next year. "The property market is likely to continue its slowdown next year as oil prices and rising inflation will lower the purchasing power of consumers," he said. "If the political situation improves and property gets a boost from the next government, the sector could rebound in the latter half of next year."
The rush to build new apartments has also raised fears of an oversupply, especially if the central bank decides to raise interest rates to tame inflation, according to Kasikorn Research Centre. High oil prices and the fallout from the mortgage crisis in the United States could also have larger-than-expected effects on the economy, said Pimonwan Mahujchariyavong, the centre's head of macro-economics. "If new condominium projects are launched at the same frantic pace, the segment could be flooded with huge supply next year. In a worst case scenario, demand in the market could be badly hit by an economic slowdown," [via Business Inquirer]
- A list of Thailand's best islands and beaches by Tezza
The intimate essential for the man on the move...this gentleman's willy care kit is the perfect gift for the man who has everything else. It has four great components and comes in a great quality leather style case. Perfect grooming for mans most important asset! You know how TGs love a well groomed willy..... Buy at Gobaz.com for £6.99
- More Heather Mills porno from The News Of The World. Ed. The picture looks like a Phot oshop special to me but I surely the News Of The World wouldn't lie just cause nobody likes her, would it......
- Need icons for a web site or blog. Try Iconlet, a search site just for icons
- A couple, who had been married for years, were making love. He asked, "Dear, am I hurting you?" "No," she replied. "But why do you ask?" "You moved," he said.
- A man comes home, finds his wife with his friend in bed. He shoots his friend and kills him. His wife says, "If you keep on behaving like this, you won't have any friends left."