Saturday 17 April 2010

Pattaya Bars - Quiet!


Just recovering from a night on the town and about my only memory is how quiet it was in the bars. I was expecting the town to be packed with Bangkokians escaping Red Shirts and looking for 3 extra days of Songkran. How wrong could I be. I was the only customer in some bars and I'm talking off Walking Street bars. Sure, some of the stars have gone home for Songkran but there's still more than enough talent around to keep the U.S. Navy happy.

If last night is anything to go by then maybe Pattaya's extended Songkran is a turn off rather than a turn on for tourists and Bangkokians alike. I know more than a few residents leave town for the week so I guess they're voting with their feet! If Pattaya hotels are also quiet then maybe it's time for City Hall to review it's policy of holding a week long Songkran. I can only hope.

For the record, I enjoy Songkran but 1 or 2 days is enough for me. I don't need to get wet every time I go out for a  week. How people going to work in Pattaya during Songkran Week get on I just don't know.

Of course, what mongers were out last night had their pick of the field. There's always an upside to life in Pattaya!!  

Posted via email from Pattaya Post

No comments:

Post a Comment