Wednesday 28 April 2010

Urine Test - Seems like common sense

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.


What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone to sit on their arse drinking booze, smoking dope and generally taking all kinds of drugs. Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?  

Ed. This proposal might be a bit 'tongue in cheek' but it strikes me as an idea worth considering. 

I would also take it a step further and make ID Cards compulsory for benefit claimants and dependants. Claimants and dependents would have to have their finger prints taken to get an ID Card. Law abiding claimants will have no problem with this process. However, claimants with multiple identies or with with fake dependants will have to find other ways to cheat the system. 

Now if we could only come up with a way to stop politicians fiddling their expenses we'd be quids in!!!!!  

Posted via email from Pattaya Post

No comments:

Post a Comment