Pattaya's pretty quiet even though it's the end of Chinese New Year week. Even with food stalls on Walking Street it was pretty easy to navigate your way to wherever you wanted to go.
The bars on Walking Street were doing reasonable business but the ones off Walking Street were quiet with the exception of a few bars popular with residents.
Trade probably won't pick up again until Easter of Cobra Gold. It's tough being a bar-keep.
There will be no post on Sunday, Feb 10, so the next post will be late on Monday Feb 11, Thai time.
The old Walking Street sign has been demolished and work is underway to replace it with a giant LED screen measuring 10.5 meters by 7.5 meters, which will be completed by the middle of the year. An artist’s impression of a possible design of the new Walking Street Arch is shown on the right. [via Pattaya Mail]
- Distraught Cheryl 'Tweedy' Cole has fled to Thailand to decide her marriage future with her husband, Chelsea star Ashley, who was found having an affair with another woman, the Sun reported. [via The Nation]
Ed. I guess in Ashley Cole's defence, once a mongerer always a mongerer but to my mind he's one dumb assed m.f. I hope Cheryl tells him to 'do one'.
Reveal Wi-Fi Network Passwords with WirelessKeyView
By default Windows hides WEP and WPA keys stored on your PC to connect to various Wi-Fi networks, but freeware utility WirelessKeyView lists them for you. When you've forgotten that Wi-Fi network key, run WirelessKeyView to see all the networks your Windows PC has ever connected to using its default Wireless Zero Configuration mechanism. (This utility doesn't reveal keys stored by third-party network connection software.) Delete keys from old networks that you no longer need, and easily copy keys to the clipboard to send or save. WirelessKeyView is a free download for Windows XP and Vista. [via LifeHacker]
- Files Type Manager - If you want to find out which file type is opened by which application you normally take a look into the File Types tab in Tools > Folder Options. Unfortunately though this menu that is displaying all registered file types is not listing lots of information especially if you consider that you cannot resize the window which means that you can only see several file types there and have to scroll a lot.
File Types Manager from Nirsoft is an alternative that adds additional information, functions and a window that is resizable. The File Types Manager lists additional information like the default icon, the mime type and the modified time to the list of available information.
Default applications can be changed by pressing F4 or by right-clicking the file type and selecting replace file type for selected extension. A list of available applications will be displayed and the user simply selects on to change the default application.
Selecting a file type and pressing F2 makes it possible to edit the file type. It is possible to change the file description, the default icon, the mime type, the perceived type as well as several advanced options like to always show the file type, to not open the file type in a browser window or to open the file type immediately after download without confirmation. [via gHacks Technology]
- Anna Roszczyk in CKM Poland
- Kustanczi Linda in Maxim Hungary
- A trucker who has been on the road for 3 months stops at a brothel outside of Vegas. He walks straight up to the madam, places $500 in her hand & says, "I want your ugliest woman & a black pudding sandwich!"
"But sir" she replies, "For that kind of money you can have one of my finest ladies & a 3 course meal".
The trucker replies, "Listen sweetheart, I aint horny, I'm homesick!"
- England rugby shirts selling well in Wales !!!!!