The Thai Central Bank on Friday decided to remove the 30% reserve requirement on short-term capital inflows imposed by the previous government. Central Bank governor Tarisa Watanagase said that the lift will be effective from Monday. [via Bangkok Post]
- Pol Gen Seripisuth Temiyavej said after hearing news about his lightning transfer to an inactive post that he will ask Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to explain the reasons behind the transfer.
Pol Gen Seripisuth, who was reportedly removed from national police chief post to Prime Minister's Office this morning, also told reporters he will sue Mr Samak if the transfer is done without transparency. [via Bangkok Post]
- Man stabbed to death when he tries to settle dispute [via Pattaya City News]
- Problems in paradise for foreign property buyers [via The Earthtimes]
- Hot for teacher- Co-Ed Mags 18 sexiest sex offenders
- Face in a Hole is a website where you can put your face, or the face of someone else, on well known images. Ever wanted to have the Rock’s muscles, Audrey Hepburn’s body or Wolverine’s claws ?
Face in a hole makes that possible. Just select a scenario from one of the many available. You can filter scenarios by categories if you like. Available categories are for instance Sports or Advertising. Once a user has selected a scenario he has to choose a source for the face that he wants to put on the image. The choices are either a webcam image or one from the hard drive.
The image is then added as a layer to the scenario and you can move it around, zoom and rotate it so that the face fits perfectly with the image that you have uploaded. The system tries to put the image that you upload in the correct relation to the scenario that you have selected.
Once you are satisfied you can simply save the image and send it to your friends or upload it to your Facebook or Myspace profile. Lots of fun guaranteed ! [via gHacks Technology News]
- Picnik says they want everybody to be able to be a photo editing superstar. That’s why they’re making the features that were previously available only to premium users, available to everybody. So how is it that they’re able to do this? Well, the site is now ad-supported.
After looking at the Picnik site with the newly placed ads, it’s really not all that bad considering that all users have access to more features. I noticed two ads, one on the right side of the page and one at the bottom . For the services that they offer, I’d prefer the ads over a yearly subscription because they don’t interfere with the photo editing and they provide a source of revenue for Picnik. So here’s what all users now have access to which they previously didn’t have access to before:
All editing tools
They still do offer a Premium package, but that’s now changed to offer the following for $24.95 per year.
Ad-free photo editing
Advanced set of editing tools
Professional fonts from FontShop
Early access to new features
Exclusive partner offers
Now that Picnik has become the official editor of Flickr Photos (it’s built right-in), there’s not doubt that they are experiencing tremendous growth and I think their users will be pleasantly surprised when they find that they have access to “premium” features. And by integrating ads into their site, they should be able to bring in a decent amount of revenue each month.
While there are some quality competitors out there (FotoFlexer comes to mind), Picnik still stands out as the best photo editing service out there. They’ve got a great interface and the tools are so simple to use that anybody is able to use them. Picnik says that one of their goals is to “bring photo editing awesomeness” to everybody, and these changes help them achieve their goal. [via CyberNet]
- Sweet Vanity
- Elis at Kindgirls
- A guy gets home early from work and hears strange noises coming from the bedroom. He rushes upstairs to find his wife naked on the bed, sweating and panting. "What's up?" he asks. "I'm having a heart attack," cries the woman. He rushes downstairs to grab the phone, but just as he's dialling, his 4-year-old son comes up and says, "Daddy! Daddy! Uncle Bubba's hiding in your closet and he's got no clothes on! The guy slams the phone down and storms upstairs into the bedroom, past his screaming wife, and rips open the wardrobe door. Sure enough, there is his brother, totally naked, cowering on the closet floor. "You cocksucker!" says the husband. "My wife's having a heart attack, and all you can do is run around the house naked scaring the kids?"