Monday 3 June 2013

Pattaya City Hall issue bills for 10 years waste water

Today, I received a bill from Pattaya City Hall for the last 10 years waste water from my house. Yes, the last 10 years and yes, water out not water in.

I initially thought the bill must have been stuck in the Post Office for a few years, because it seems like years between each delivery, but then realised it was a new bill with charges backdated to 2003. They've been keeping records for all those years and I never knew, damn efficient that. Okay I jest, the charges are clearly around 10% of my annual water bills. They must have figured out that I evaporate 90% of the water I draw in my steam room. Saunas are so passe......


I wouldn't feel so bad about this bill for water going into City Hall's drains if the drains actually worked. Every time there'a decent downpour, I'm bailing water into my neighbour's garden.... (he's away.....), so my house doesn't flood. My neighbour's gonna be really pissed off when he sees his bill given his house floods several times a year.......

How is this going to work for landlords who's tenants have flown the coop. The bills for the houses in my village range between 6,000 and 12,000 Baht in total for the 10 years so the bills for apartment blocks could be very tasty indeed. There again, it's possible City Hall are targeting home owners and giving apartments blocks a pass on this one.

All I know is City Hall must be raising a considerable chunk of cash if every house under their jurisdiction receives a bill of this type. Wonder if they'll use it to fix the drains. One can only dream......


No comments:

Post a Comment