Sunday 23 September 2007

Do I Owe TOT An Apology ?

I installed Winamp 5.5 recently and it also installed Bonjour Services by stealth which auto loads every time I boot my PC. Bonjour  appears to monitor my network but what else it does I'm not sure. Given the problems I've been having lately with my Internet connection I decided to delete Bonjour Services. I'm desperate enough to try anything. My problems appear to have cleared and my connection is now far more reliable. So either TOT fixed a problem with their service at the exact same moment I rebooted my PC after deleting Bonjour Services or Bonjour Services were the cause of all my problems. 

If you're having problems with your Internet connection, check to see if you have Bonjour Services running, (ctrl/alt/del and select the processes tab). If Bonjour is listed in your processes then you might have found your problem. You can use nCleaner or StartupRun to permanently remove Bonjour.

 

 

Sierra Tangos

 

  • Pattaya boats must install GIS by the end of 2008. City Hall has announced that more than 180 million Baht has been allocated for the installation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in more than 1000 passenger and speedboats operating in and around Pattaya. [via Pattaya Mail]

 

  • Pattaya Tourist Police will once again be using a speedboat to patrol the coastline after it had been mothballed seven years ago due to costly repairs. The Tourist Police have dusted off their speedboat to support their efforts in the coming high season. [via Pattaya Mail]

     

     

     

 

 

 


  • TV Schedule Of Major Sporting Events - link to the TV schedule for major sporting events such as the IRB Rugby World Cup, English Premier League, F1 Grand Prix, Cricket and Euro 2008 qualifiers. I may be late to the party but games shown as delayed on my schedule are actually being televised live on UBC Channel 29.

 

 

 

  • A guy meets a hooker in a bar. She says, “This is your lucky night. I’ve got a special game for you. I’ll do absolutely anything you want for $300, as long as you can say it in three words.” The guy replies, “Hey, why not?” He pull his wallet out of his pocket, and one at a time lays three hundred-dollar bills on the bar, and says, slowly: “Paint…my…house.”

 

  • A Jewish guy goes into a confession box. “Father O’Malley,” he says, “my name is Emil Cohen. I’m seventy eight years old. Believe it or not, I’m currently involved with a 28 year old girl, and also, on the side, her 19 year old sister. We engage in all manner of pleasure, and in my entire life I’ve never felt better.” “My good man,” says the priest, “I think you’ve come to the wrong place. Why are you telling me?” And the guy goes: “I’m telling everybody!”

 

 

 

  • Mayweather v Hatton Press Conference - Commentator says Ricky's under pressure but he looks as cool as a cucumber to me. 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment