Action will soon be taken against karaoke bars that seat scantily clad hostesses by the street to attract customers, Culture Watch Centre director Ladda Tangsuphachai said yesterday, (September 17, 2007)
She said women in provocative dresses should remain inside bars. Police in Bangkok and elsewhere would be asked to keep karaoke bars and other entertainment venues in check. She said the Interior Ministry, which gives permits to entertainment venues, may not renew the permits of uncooperative venues. [via The Nation] Ed. Pattaya has many entertainment venues where scantily clad girls operate in the streets. Sois 2, 6, 7 and 8 spring to mind but open air bars could also be effected depending on how the local plod interprets provocative dresses.
- Central Festival Pattaya Beach project will be the biggest shopping mall on Pattaya Beach with a budget of 7,000 million Baht. On 22 Rais of land and with 240,000 SQM of using space, will make it to be the biggest shopping mall by the beach in Asia. More than 200 leader shops will be situated here among trendy lifestyle and special entertainment zones. There will be a five star hotel with 350 rooms to accommodate tourists as well. [via Pattaya Daily News] Ed. If you think the traffic is bad now on Beach Road and Second Road then just wait till this place opens.
- On Monday Afternoon at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya and Lieutenant General Graysiri, the Commander of the Technical Services Unit of the RoyaPattaya City News] Ed. When you consider the Army's engineers are already paid for then 450 million Baht buys you a lot of materials.
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets have been re-branded as just Google Docs and includes support for presentations, (still a work in progress).
- 14 Great Moments Of Unexpected Nudity On Live Television
- TV Schedule Of Major Sporting Events - link to the TV schedule for major sporting events such as the IRB Rugby World Cup, English Premier League, F1 Grand Prix, Cricket and Euro 2008 qualifiers. Note: The Twenty20 Cricket World Cup has started in South Africa and although it's not shown in the schedule it may get some coverage on the Sophon Indian or Australian channels. The only way to find out is to tune in.
- Over the weekend, Britney Spears said she will fight for custody of her kids because, “They mean the world to me.” Then Britney said, “That’s why I keep showing the world where they came from.” [via Conan O'Brien]
- A primary teacher starts a new job at a school in North London and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Spurs fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Spurs fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says:
"Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?" "Because I'm not a Spurs fan," she replied.
The teacher, still shocked, asked: "Well, if you're not a Spurs fan, then who are you a fan of?"
"I'm an Arsenal fan, and proud of it," Mary replied.
The teacher could not believe her ears. "Mary, why are you an Arsenal fan?"
"Because my mum and dad are from Highbury, and my mum is an Arsenal fan and my dad is an Arsenal fan, so I'm an Arsenal fan too!"
"Well," said the teacher, in a obviously annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be an Arsenal fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and car thief, what would you be then?"
"Then," Mary smiled, "I'd be a Liverpool fan."