Thursday 20 September 2007

Wednesday Wander

Started the night in U Too Bar on Second Road opposite Alcazar and the bar has more than it's fair share of stunning ladies. It's seems to me that the number and quality grow week on week. In some ways it's a bad place to start the night cause it's difficult for other bars to compete so it's always going to be downhill from there.

Checked out Slims around 9.00pm in the tourist area between U Too Bar and Soi 6 and it was deserted. The hostesses were top, top drawer but I was glad it was empty cause it's a Chivas bottle bar so it would no doubt be v. expensive.

Next port of call was Voodoo A-Go-Go on Walking Street and it has a number of big milks as well as a Jacuzzi which sadly wasn't in service. Impressed by the fact that Tiger beer was 50baht and Heineken 60baht until 10:00pm.

After my comments in an earlier post about the girls on offer early in the evening in Dollhouse, I thought it only fair to try it later at night to see if it was any better. The beer was still 110Baht and the 'B' team was still performing. Underwhelmed is all I can say.

After all the plugs Anglewitch has received on the various Pattaya Forums I thought it was time to check it out. There's no doubting it has a sizeable stable of young ladies but the whole thing is a bit arty farty for me. It's clearly popular, third after Peppermint and Happy for bums on seats, but for me the shows get in the way of the real business. I was there at closing time and ordered a cleansing water to help me sober up and the charge was 110Baht. My pals Tiger was 130baht which I could handle but water at 110Baht. Taking the piss or what.

Checked out Carousel in Soi Diamond and again it was just in the okay bracket. Quite a few girls but none of their numbers stuck in my mind the way they had in Anglewitch and U Too Bar.

Because of the above, tonight's offering is a bit shorter than usual. In fact everything's a bit shorter as I type this. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow when I have a following wind.......


Sierra Tangos






  • TV Schedule Of Major Sporting Events - link to the TV schedule for major sporting events such as the IRB Rugby World Cup, English Premier League, F1 Grand Prix, Cricket and Euro 2008 qualifiers. Note: The Twenty20 Cricket World Cup has started in South Africa and although it's not shown in the schedule it may get some coverage on the Sophon Indian or Australian channels. The only way to find out is to tune in.

  • Mango Languages free language leaning website has just launched in beta and it looks as though it could be the DBs. No English/Thai yet but from what I saw of English/Japanese and English/Mandarin this could be a winning product. When you select a language the first slide opens with a short conversation and my initial reaction was sod this, I'm tone deaf and I missed most of that. The strength of the product comes through in the subsequent slides. On Slide 2, the first sentence of the conversation is broken in to individual words and by mousing over a word you hear the word and see the English phonetic spelling. Slides 3 onwards cover the other sentences introduced in Slide 1. This would be brilliant way to learn a tonal language like Thai or at least increase your vocabulary to more than just, "How much?", "How long?", Where?".


  • A lawyer dies and goes to Heaven. “There must be some mistake,” the lawyer argues. “I’m too young to die. I’m only fifty five.” “Fifty five?” says Saint Peter. “No, according to our calculations, you’re eighty two.” “How’d you get that?” the lawyer asks. Answers St. Peter: “We added up your time sheets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment