The meeting called by Banglamung Local Authority to advise bar-keeps of operating hours and license requirements was held at Alcazar yesterday, (Monday).
The gathering were advised that the newly elected government will strictly enforce the existing licensing laws and has told all regional governors and regional police commanders that if the don't enforce these laws then their careers will effectively be over.
The existing licensing laws state that all bars in Pattaya must close by 1.00am. Only bars in designated entertainment areas are allowed to remain open until 2.00am. The 2.00am closure will be strictly enforced and any bar caught selling alcohol outside these hours will face up to 90 days closure .
Music licences were also covered and the gathering were advised that all venues must have one or face substantial fines starting from Bt20,000. They said they were aware of the bogus music licence officials doing the rounds and fining bars so two registered officials were named for Pattaya and only these two officials have the power to fine bars for operating without a license.
In addition, as part of the governments anti drug campaign, the police have an active unit who will randomly raid bars and clubs . Police will file criminal charges resulting in prison time for staff and customers caught in possession or under the influence of drugs and a closure notice will be put on the business.
Any business found operating without the appropriate licences will be closed down.
Regarding the smoking ban, the licensing authority will make regular checks of licensed premises and any found breaking the ban will face a Bt2,000 fine for the customer and Bt20,000 fine for the bar. Bars that repeatedly offend will be closed for up to 90 days .
These rules will be implemented countrywide. [via Mulphy - Pattaya-Live]
- Club Blu, Soi Buakhao - Patrick's Birthday Party, Wednesday, March 12. All welcome.
- Secrets now opens in the afternoons, with Coyotees [via Pattaya Secrets Forum]
- The Lam Morrison House of Rock in South Pattaya presents Walk On The Wild Side, a musical tribute to Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground, performed by Gene Mahasamut (Saliva Bastards, Citizen Dog ) and Momoko Ueda (MomokoMotion, Futon) for four nights this March, Thursday the 20th through Sunday the 23rd, with shows nightly at 9:00 pm.
- Court allows Thaksin to leave the country [via Bangkok Post]
Mug tells you the temperature
There is nothing quite like sipping on a cup of hot coffee in the morning, but how many of us are alert enough the moment we get out of bed to know that something is hot/cold? With this Hot-Cold Mug, you will be able to tell the difference verbally, as it is capable of changing its color gradually from total white to black, where the former indicates that it is as hot as the surface of the sun itself while the latter means there is no more heat left in the coffee. The Hot-Cold Mug retails for $25 a pop and makes for a great office present. [via Coolest Gadgets]
- Jenni in Penthouse
- Olga S. & Atena A. Karatias in a very creative session......
- How to hypnotise a man - this is very clever and I am pretty confident it will work
- A father passing by his son's bedroom, was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, 'Dad.' With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands.
'Dear, Dad. It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mum and you.
I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her, because of all her piercing's, tattoos, her tight Motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am.
But it's not only the passion, Dad. She's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.
Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't, really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.
In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS, so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!
Don't worry Dad, I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself.
Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grandchildren.
Love, your son, Joshua.
P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on the kitchen table.
Call when it is safe for me to come home
- Democrats new slogan