Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Mr Surapong Suebwonglee gave a lecture under the title “The Government’s policies and the Real Estate Sector for the Betterment of Thailand’s Economy in 2008” on Wednesday morning.
During his speech, Mr Surapong expressed confidence that several policies to be implemented by the government will boost the country’s overall GDP growth by another 0.2-0.3 per cent on top of the initial forecast of 5.5 per cent for 2008. [via Bangkok Post]
- The cabinet yesterday agreed to extend the Songkran holiday period from four to five days, April 12 - 16
Pattaya's Songkran seems to be scheduled after the official Songkran to lure people down from Bangkok for the extended festivities. My guess is Pattaya's Songkran will probably be daylight water chucking from April 14 - 17 with full on, round the clock soakings on April 18 and April 19. To be confirmed but you have been warned!!!!!
- 130653 posted on Pattaya Secrets Forum today that a farang in Jomtien Immigration Office was told by the officer on Desk 3, "next time you come in here you wear a proper shirt". Two minutes later the officer manning Desk 8 for Retirement Visas told a farang to go away and get a shirt on. The farang returned 20 mins later wearing a shirt.
The good news is this post generated 3 pages of comments and without exception, every post supported the actions of the Immigration Officers. If you've been a long time reader of Pattaya Rag you will know that 'farangs without shirts' in malls, supermarkets, bowling alleys etc etc etc gets right up my nose. Why can't they do themselves and the rest of us a favour and put a fucking shirt on. Read my lips, I don't wanna see your tits.
- Switzerland to Thailand, drop dead - On February 25, 2008, the Swiss government wrote a letter (copy here) to the Thai government, objecting to the use of compulsory licenses to obtain affordable cancer drugs in Thailand. The Swiss actions are closely coordinated with actions of the European Commission and the United States government. It is particularly appalling to us that Switzerland, one of the highest income countries in the world, would pressure Thailand on this issue after having promised, in 2001, that developing countries could use compulsory licenses to promote access to all. [via Lames Love @ HuffPo]
- How to instantly increase productivity on your Mac Pt 2
- Tooltip information for most file types:
AudioShell adds a comprehensive tooltip to the following audio file types: mp3s (all ID3v2 tag versions), wma , asf and wmv, Apple iTunes aac (m4a and m4p) and mp4 files, ogg and flac (vorbis comment tags), mpc, mp+, monkey’s audio, wav pack, optim frog (APE and APEv2 tags), and wav. (Look at the following screenshot to see Audioshell in action).
As an added bonus it also installs a handy tag editor to your audio files’ right click properties (see screenshot below), which is really cool.
Thumbview will (a) enable thumbnail previews for a wide range of image file types that Windows natively lacks, and (b) create informational tooltips for these. There are a total of 19 image types in question: CUT, DCX, DDS, MDL, MNG, PCD, PCX, PIC, PIX, PNG, PNM/PBM/PGM/PPM, PSD/PDD, PSP, PXR, SGI/RGB, TGA/VDA/ICB/VST, TIF/TIFF, WAL and XPM.
- Sneak shots of Keeley Hazell topless in TotallyCrap. Mama mia!!!
- Lucy at Butterfly Searcher
- Sylvia Saint at Kindgirls
- What's George Michael and a welly got in common?
They both get sucked off in bogs
- Two poofs were having a piss in the toilet and one notices the other has a nicotine patch on his dick. "Does it work?" he asks. "Yes" replies the other, "I'm down to two butts a day now".