Voter turnout of 60% has been estimated as Thais approve the new, army drafted, constitution. Now we can look forward to the messy politics of a democratic election.....
- Free Pattaya WIFI Hotspots
In reality, 'free' might mean being the guest of a hotel or having to buy a drink or meal in the bar/restaurant to qualify for the 'free' access:
- AUA University, Pattaya North Road
- Bella Villa Prima Beach Rd, Soi 4
- Bob's Burgers, 3rd Road and Pattaya South
- Cafe Patini, Soi Buakow
- Canterbury Tales, Soi Chiyapoom (next to Crazy Dave’s)
- Carrefour Food Court, Pattaya Klang Road
- Cheers Bar Beach Rd, Soi 13/4
- Club Boesche
- FLB Nightclub, Walking Street
- Heaven's Above, Soi Diamond
- Jameson's Bar, Soi AR Pattaya
- Jomtien Beach Hotel
- Jomtien Beach Road (Below Casa Apartments)
- Lake Mabprachan Resort, Pattaya
- Lennie's Bar, Soi Diamond
- Lewinsky's Restaurant Soi Pattayaland 1
- Ma Maison Hotel, Near soi 13, Pattaya.
- Misty's A Gogo Soi Pattayaland 2 (daytime only)
- MP Mansion Residence
- Noi's Bar, The Darkside
- Nova Park Apartments Soi Ar, Pattaya Central Rd
- Pattaya Garden Apartments, Pratumnak Hill, Pattaya
- Penthouse Hotel
- Queen Vic Hotel Beach Rd, Soi 6
- Salotto Cafe
- Sanya Apartments, South Pattaya Road, Pattaya
- Secrets Bar & Hotel, Soi 14
- Shagwell Mansions, Soi Arunothai
- Shamrock Bar, Soi Pattayaland 2
- Sunshine Vista Hotel Beach Rd, Soi 3
- The Clinic Sports Bar, Soi 13/1
- Tim's Boutique Hotel, Second Road, Pattaya
- Triopical Bert's, 2nd road, just before Soi 6, opposite Bangkok Bank
- Welcome Plaza Hotel, Second Road
Tukcom, Starbucks and the major hotels provide hotspots but they aren't listed here because you can't just walk in and log on for the cost of a beer
- Stickman in one of his recent posts commented on the stir a 'cherry' girl caused in Patpong by putting said cherry up for auction. It went for 20,000Baht but that cherry's not the point of this post. A beautiful, young girl in the Atlantic Bar was known to be saving her genuine cherry for Mr. Right. A couple of weeks back, Mr. Right walked in the bar in the guise of a young Englander. Not so much a knuckle dragger more a "Fuck me aren't I handsome" type. In the long standing tradition of true English romantics, the young Englander did the barest minimum of wining and dining, (som tam and chips), in order to lure the young girl back to his seedy 3* (just) gaff. Staying true to the long standing tradition of English romantics, the young Englander stretched out the foreplay by washing his pits and scratching his arse. When he removed the young lady's underwear he was astonished to find a sizeable muff. Not so much a landing strip, more a slab of the Amazon jungle on a bad day. Well, not wishing to belabour the romantic bit, the young Englander got his cigarette lighter out and blow torched the lot off. By this point an already nervous young lady is somewhat distraught at the extreme acts of deforestation by Mr. Right. It's hard to believe I know but the cherry was taken that night which says much for the young Englander's powers of persuasion. Either that or she fainted and...... Anyway, the girl is still working in the Atlantic Bar and I suspect she thinks having her muff smoked is standard foreplay. If you bar fine a girl from the Atlantic and she smells of burnt toast when she strips off then you know she's the one. This is not an urban myth, this really happened. If Mr Right reads this we'd be interested to know how you got from the flame thrower to the cherry.
- Misty's Ago Go Fifth Annual Charity Open Golf Tournament will take place at Burapha Golf and Country Club on Friday 24th August 2007. All proceeds will be donated to the Camillian Social Centre for those suffering from HIV/AIDS. Entry Forms are available from Misty's Ago Go and Golf venues around town. These should be completed and returned together with the Entry Fee no later than Wednesday 22nd August. The Entry Fee for the Event is 8,000 Baht per four-person team (or 2,000 Baht each for individual players). The entry fee covers green fees, caddy fees, buggy fees, commemorative shirt and complimentary buffet at Misty's immediately after the tournament. Anybody requiring any further information should contact Steve Donovan on 081 996 3026.
- Tagscanner - I like to have my mp3 tracks fully tagged and with a consistent file name structure, (Artist / Track Title). I have tried a lot of mp3 taggers but never found one until now that handled everything in the way I want it to. One tagger I tried appeared to work perfectly until I realised it had screwed up the none standard tags supported by my music player at the time, MusicMatch. Tags such as Tempo and Mood got wasted and I only realised after a couple of thousand tracks had been effected. Arghhhhhhh.
The Tag Scanner interface looks fantastic and possibly a bit confusing at the same time. The most important parts are the four tabs at the top of the screen which are: Music Renamer, Tag Editor, Tag Processor and List Maker. Functions are:
- Tag Editor:
- Tag Processor:
- List Maker: Export song lists as html, csv or excel tables. You can also save and import playlists here.
Rename files with ease using placeholders and tag information. The default format is artist - title which can be easily changed to artist / album / artist - title for instance. Gives you lots of options
This is the manual Tag Editor which is not needed most of the time because of the Tag Processor which does it automatically. In case it does not you can use the Tag Editor to edit the tags by hand
Looks up songs in an online database (you can select a default one in the options), preview the tag output and save it. Change the tags of an album with only three clicks. Offers manual searches if the automatic one did not come up with results
Additional features include:
- Can save ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2, ID3v1 + ID3v2, ID3v1 + APEv2 and all combined
- Supports ID3v2 Lyrics and attached pictures
- Import and Create Playlists
- Scans Directories and subdirectories for mp3s
- Able to convert between tag formats
- Case conversions
- Export song list in html, csv and excel format
- Supports online music databases, automatic and manual searches
My criticisms are minor. I could only find my way to "Help" by selecting F1 from my keyboard. The '?' in the top right of the screen only seems to give you basic info on the software. The genres in the drop down list appear to be fixed so if you want 'R&B' you're okay but if you want 'RnB' then you will have to modify the genre manually from Windows Explorer.
- Asian Model - Emily Yoshikawa
- New Slang Dictionary :
- AEROPLANE BLONDE - One who has bleached/dyed her hair but still has a 'black box'
- AUSSIE KISS - Similar to a French kiss, but given down under
- BEAVER LEAVER - A homosexual
- BEER COAT - The invisible but warm coat worn when walking home after a booze cruise at 3 in the morning
- BEER COMPASS - The invisible device that ensures your safe arrival home after a booze cruise, even though you're too pissed to remember where you live, how you get there, and where you've come from
- BONE OF CONTENTION - A hard-on that causes an argument, e.g. one that arises when a man is watching Olympic beach volleyball on TV with his girlfriend
- FRIGMAROLE - Unnecessarily time-consuming foreplay
- GREYHOUND - A very short skirt, only an inch from the hare
- HAND-TO-GLAND COMBAT - A vigorous masturbation session
- MILLENNIUM DOMES - The contents of a Wonderbra, i.e. extremely impressive when viewed from the outside, but there's actually fuck all in there worth seeing
- MUMBLER - An attractive girl in tight shorts or jeans, etc. i.e.you can see the 'lips' moving but can't quite make out what they're saying
- MYSTERY BUS - The bus that arrives at the pub on Friday night while you're in the toilet after your 10th pint, and whisks away all the unattractive people so the pub is suddenly packed with stunners when you come back in
- MYSTERY TAXI - The taxi that arrives at your place on Saturday morning before you wake up, whisks away the stunner you slept with,and leaves a 10-Pinter in your bed instead
- ONE IN THE DEPARTURE LOUNGE - The need to shit imminently
- PICASSO ARSE - A woman whose knickers are too small for her, so she looks like she's got 4 buttocks
- RAGMAN'S COAT - Untidy and unkempt pubic hair e.g. "That mumbler looks quite fit but I bet she's got a kebab like a ragman's coat!"
- RELEASE A CHOCOLATE HOSTAGE To shit e.g. "I've got one in the departure lounge, so I'm just nipping out to release a chocolate hostage"
- STARFISH TROOPER or arseTRONAUT - A homosexual
- TART FUEL or BITCH PISS - Bottled Alcopops, e.g. Hooch, regularly consumed by young women
- TEN-Pinter - Someone that you'd only chat up after drinking at least 10 pints
- TITANIC - A lady who goes down first time out
- TODGER DODGER - A lesbian
- TWO-BAGGER or DOUBLE BAGGER - Someone that you'd need 2 paper bags to have sex with. (1 to cover her head, and 1 to cover yours, in case her bag falls off)
- UP ON BLOCKS - Menstruating i.e. out of action, a bit like a car in a garage. e.g. "Don't think I'll be in luck tonight lads, the missus is up on blocks"
- WALLACE AND GROMIT - Rhyming Slang for 'vomit'
- X-PILES - Unwanted visitors from Uranus.