Wednesday 9 July 2008

Bars Closed, South East Asia Friends & Golf

  • Noi's Bar on Soi Khao Noi reopening party on Sunday, July 13th

  • Strong chance all bars will be closed in Pattaya on July 17th for Asahna Bucha Day and July 18th for Buddhist Lent Day

  • Pattaya Go Go have upgraded the server with their stock of Pattaya/Thailand videos so download speeds have improved. Worth a look.

  • I've updated the golf sheets in the right margin to show the correct rates and sports days for 2008. Better late than never..

  • Airline news:
    • Iran's national airline Iran Air will begin direct flights to Thailand as of July 28. Announcing this, the airline's deputy managing director for commercial planning noted that Iran Air will operate two flights a week on Saturday and Friday using Boeing 747 SP.
    • Thailand's national carrier Thai Airways plans to launch three additional day-time flights between Mumbai-Bangkok from July 17. The proposed flights will operate on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday each week.

  • Went to see Hancock and Wanted at the cinema this week and was left with the feeling that Hollywood has run out of plots and endings.

Hancock

Hancock is moderately entertaining and Will Smith is always easy to watch but the plot is just shite. It's another movie that gets to the halfway mark and then disappears up it's own rear end. At the end I couldn't even think of a memorable scene or anything that excited me but it did help me run down 1hr 30mins of my life. That said, it's doing pretty well at the box office so maybe it's just me.



Wanted was more of a surprise. Wimp Wes, (James McAvoy) in the lead role has to endure some pretty sadistic training routines to graduate as an assassin and become 'the man'. Fox (Angelina Jolie) as his trainer/guardian looks anything but her best in this movie. Maybe she was suffering with morning sickness during the shooting! Regardless, this movie is worth seeing if you like your movies fast paced with great action scenes and plenty of humour, sadism and strong language. The ending is so so but overall the movie is worth a couple of hours of your time.


  • Strange charging system for The Avenue car park. When I went to The Avenue to see Hancock a couple of days ago and had a McD on the way in, I got my parking ticket chopped in McD's and not the cinema. This turned out to be a mistake when I tried to exit the car park. If you get your ticket chopped at the cinema or bowling alley then you get 4 hours for Bt20, chopped in other venues you get 2 hours for Bt20 and then it jumps Bt10 or Bt20 an hour thereafter. I was charged in excess of Bt20 even though I'd been to the cinema.

Surely this type of policy drives customers away from what are already underutilised shops and restaurants in The Avenue. I think you get just 15mins for free so if you want to pick up a couple of things from Villa then you better get your skates on or shop elsewhere. I will take the shop elsewhere option not just because I'm tight but because I resent being charged to park when I'm there to spend my money.


  • South East Asia Friends is a new site for meeting girls online. It's proving popular cause it's free for girls so there's plenty of them...


  • Britain in recession 'within months' as bosses predict 550 jobs will be lost EVERY day [via Mail Online] Ed. Do I sell Sterling now?


  • Sex and the single baby boomer [via Newsweek]


  • Leadership skills

No comments:

Post a Comment