- The Big Mango Bar Grand Opening Party will be on Friday, July 4th, in Bangkok. If you are in town, don't miss it.
- The refit looks just about done in the new Liquid Lounge coyote club (ex Stereo) across from Club Blu on LK Metro.
- Whoever forecast Pattaya would become a resort town for Indians, Russians and Chinese is in part correct. Indian tourists clearly dominate this week. As one politically incorrect drinker was heard to ask, "Is it a national holiday for tailors?".
- Firefighters were called out to P72 Restaurant on Walking Street on the afternoon of the 24th June. A fire had been reported on the 3rd floor of the building. On investigation, the team discovered flames coming from a faulty overheated air conditioning unit
- Well written article from Pattaya Daily News about one farang suicide and the possible factors leading to the suicide. Article comes with a clear health warning for all newbies to Pattaya.
- A 26-year-old British woman has been killed in a hit-and-run collision in Thailand, the Foreign Office has said. Jennifer Burden, originally from Airth near Falkirk, was holidaying in Pattaya when she was hit by a car and died on 16 June. [via BBC News]
- I have heard three separate stories in the last month of tourists paying excessive fines for flooding jet skis hired on Pattaya Beach. Now it seems to me three in a month is more than a coincidence. The BIB also get involved so the tourist has little chance of fighting the fine. From a position of ignorance I would have thought jet skis were built for such eventualities. No mails please. Whatever, if you're tempted to hire a jet ski, proceed with all caution.
- Secret's have a new website
- Buy 1, Fly 2 promotion marks Thai Airways 48th Anniversary Celebrations. Valid between 25 June and 30 September 2008 with return tickets valid for 3 months from the date of the commencing journey. Catch? The special deal is available to Royal First and Royal Silk class travellers only. [via Pattaya Daily News]
- The group of guys in town a couple of weeks ago from Hull, for a 1 week stag, really made the effort. When they hit the bars as Super Heroes they were mobbed by the girls. The Incredible Hulk is awesome. Looks like a particularly bad dose!!!
Of course, they had to spoil it all by revealing their alter-egos in the Ice Bar at the Amari. The black censorship blob could have been a lot smaller, I just didn't want to embarrass the guy. Now if it had been Snake.....
- Ronaldo's girl, Nereida Gallardo, is Spanish. Wonder which club she supports!!! With his feet, you would have thought he could've pulled a bird with real tits!!!!
- An Italian architect said he is poised to start construction on a new skyscraper in Dubai that will be "the world's first building in motion," an 80-story tower with revolving floors that give it an ever-shifting shape. [via HuffPo] Ed. He said he got the idea when going upstairs to the loo in Club Blu..
- Geography lesson on US states from Playboy. If it had been like this when I were a lad, I might have learnt something. I'm worried I missed one of the tiny states in the north east.
Flickr Tags: Pattaya, pattaya, pattaya rag, pattaya nightlife, go-go bars, bar girls, pattayarag, bar go-go pattaya, beach pattaya, news pattaya, girl pattaya, girl thai, bar girl thai, lady boys, katoeys, asian, bangkok, Mac, PC, Walking Street