- If I had a local it would be U Too Bar opposite Alcazar on Second Road. Plenty of seats, plenty of TVs showing live sports, plenty of pool tables, plenty of attractive ladies and plenty of good service. I was in earlier this week and was tipped off to the fact that they are taking delivery of a new batch of girls. Problem is I forgot to ask the key question, i.e. are the new girls seasoned campaigners or farm fresh. You'll just have to head down there to find out for yourselves
- Bumped in to Ricky in Babydolls, (Soi 15) and he mentioned he'd been asked by the owners to maintain the standards. He said he wasn't having any of that. He's gonna lower the standards as far as possible. Babydolls was already 'cutting edge' for Walking Street so by the time Ricky's finished it will be 'bleeding edge' at least. Babydolls with Ricky will be one to watch that's for sure.
Babydolls have reduced ALL bar fines to 300 Baht from 1.30 am each day.
- The Grand Pattaya International Music Festival will not now take place this year, following an earlier postponement of its March date to comply with the official 100-day mourning period for Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana, and subsequent fears that staging the event in the proposed month of June could result in a washout because of the rainy season. [via Pattaya Mail]
- The Hua Hin Jazz Festival will be held from June 13 - 15. Artists appearing will include Kenny Garrett, Chris Minh Doky, Dave Weekl and Mike Stern
- Playboy Charity Party 7.00pm, June 14 at Flava Restaurant & Bar, Dream Mansion, Sukhumvit Soi 15
- You used to be able to determine a Thai girl's marital status by looking at her ID card. That's because her ID card had the title nang sao (Miss) or nang (Mrs.) before her name. Not any longer. A change in the law says that Thai women no longer have to change their title when they get married. In fact, they even can change nang back to nang sao if they get divorced. [via Asian Sweethearts]
Ed. This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Maybe they could use the space freed up on the card to show how many kids she's got or even better, how many buffalo. You can then access up front the financial risk of hooking up with the girl
- A Britain no longer great - An article from the American Spectator
- The best new cars according to J.D. Power and CNN Money. Ed. I know it's got naff all to do with Pattaya but we all like cars don't we? If you are in the market for a car maybe you should wait. Toyota will start producing hybrid cars in Thailand amid growing demand for the fuel-efficient vehicles. The auto giant plans to make the Toyota Camry Hybrid in Thailand later this year by using existing production lines for its standard Camry model. [via Bangkok Post]
- Miss Brazil Transex is Fernanda Lima and she is coming to Pattaya for the finals. Fred to her friends, I think she is the one on the right in the following photo....
- US stocks dropped the most since the start of the year on Friday after crude oil surged to a record high and the unemployment rate climbed by the most in two decades. The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged nearly 400 points after crude oil climbed more than $10 to close at $138.54 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Oil had hit $139 per barrel earlier in the day. [via Bangkok Post]