The Meteorological Department Tuesday:
- warned that the temperature will drop and thick fog will cover northern provinces in the morning from Wednesday to Friday. The department said a new high pressure mass from China will move down to cover the upper part of Thailand from Wednesday to Friday, resulting in the drop of temperature and thick fog in the morning.
- warned residents of 12 southern provinces to brace themselves for heavy rains and possible flash floods. The department said the low pressure ridge, which has moved down from the Gulf of Thailand, to be over the middle part of the South, would unleash heavy rains from Tuesday to Thursday. Expected to be hard hit with heavy rains are Phetchaburi, Prachup Khiri Khan, Chum Phon, Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, and Narathiwat. [via The Nation]
- TQ2 Golf Club House Party tonight, 23 Oct. - A group of dedicated golfers from the UK have come to enjoy the golf courses around Pattaya, and have opted to make TQ2 their 19th hole. To celebrate they will be hosting a party in TQ2 tonight. All welcome.
- David Copperfield is likely to cancel his Bangkok shows after Bahamas' rape claim [via The Nation]
- Do you need your eyes testing? Click on the photo of the lady right to check out your eyes
- Six people were injured when the Indiana Log ride at Suan Siam fell from the top of the hill to its waterway below at noon Tuesday. The six were admitted to the intensive care unit of Nopparat Ratchathani Hospital. [via The Nation]
- Ultimate posers wheels for Pattaya - Segway's Ferrari Edition. Is there anything they won't put their name on? Apparently, the Ferrari Edition has no performance advantage over other models, just a leather handlebar!! Yours $12,000.
- Instantbird 0.1 is like Firefox for chat. There are tons of great instant messaging applications available, but one nagging problem in the IM world is that there's no great, fully cross-platform chat app (unless you count Meebo). Free, open so
Aside from the basics you'd expect from any chat app (like status notifications, contact management, and IM notifications), the ultimate roadmap for Instantbird includes video and voice support. What's most exciting, though, is the possibility that the chat application will be subject to the same community of creative extension developers that make Firefox such a killer browser—so that Instantbird can easily be customized to deliver exactly what you want from it. Instantbird is free, works with Windows, Mac, and Linux. It's still a very young app, so this one's for the early adopters. [via CyberNet]
- The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or "That's Michael, He's a doctor. A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, she's dead." [via Pattaya Secrets]
- A study on teenage abstinence in sex education reports that more teenagers are wearing underwear that has the slogan “No Vow, No Sex” sewn on the underwear. Let me tell you, if your date is close enough to read your underwear, that virginity thing isn’t going to last. [via Jay Leno]
- Yesterday FBI agents raided a Las Vegas warehouse owned by magician David Copperfield. They seized nearly $2 million in cash. Apparently the entire $2 million was in quarters Copperfield had pulled out of people’s ears. [via Conan O'Brien]
- The 12th International Clown Convention is being held in Mexico. Apparently, the Mexican clown’s most popular routine is stuffing 30 clowns into the trunk of a car and heading north to Los Angeles. [via Conan O'Brien]
- Your Doing It Wrong - [via Dapleura]