This weeks wander was centred around Soi 7 & 8 and I have to admit up front, I am no lover of that part of town. It was more a case of wanting to go somewhere different than actually wanting to be in Soi 7 & 8. Why don't I like it when it's clearly popular? I reckon the talent is in short supply and the annoying hawkers are just far too plentiful to have a 'quiet' drink.
We started in Q Bar on Soi 7 and I was surprised to find the bar has a couple of little stunners hidden in amongst the more mature ladies. For that very reason they were well bid so we decided to cross over to Amazing Paradise Bar.
Amazing Paradise Bar has a massive stable of girls and flat screen TVs !!! Not sure which there was more of.... The majority of lookers were pulling punters in from the street and sadly that's what they continued to do once we were in the bar. Company in the bar was provided by a more mature (politically correct word of the day) group of ladies. We managed to grab the sofas by the entrance and it was a good vantage point for watching the girls out front and the girls passing by. An attractive girl came in from out front and grabbed my mate Snake. She obviously hadn't spotted my personality!! She acquired the requisite drink and then told him she was up on blocks so score minus one for the mongers. Don't want to appear fussy but I would rate only 3 or 4 of the girls as being worthy of my dosh. One of the cayote dancers, (no, not the katoeys) and then probably 3 of the girls out front. As we weren't making any headway with the 4 in question we wandered off to Silver Star 2 A-Go-Go
Silver Star 2 A-Go-Go is hosting the girls from both Silver Star 1 and 2 whilst Silver Star 1 is being renovated, (SS1 reopens on Oct 20). Silver Star 2 has a Jacuzzi but doesn't have the sierra tango rooms which are popular in SS1. That said it's still worth an hour of any mongers time. Wide selection of girls with more than a few that would brighten up any Pattaya hotel room. Check it out before Oct 19 cause after that half the girls will move back to SS1.
From there we went to World Wide A-Go-Go on the Beach Road between Soi 7 and 8 and I was pleasantly surprised. I've always thought it was a clip joint purely and simply because of the Thai guys out front. It's a decent bar with plenty of girls and again worth a look-see if you're in that part of town.
Next we wandered in to Soi 8 and went in to Oasis Cayote which was devoid of customers. Normally a bad sign. It's also the darkest bar I've been in for some time which is usually another bad sign. They don't have a big staff of ladies but the ones I could see through the gloaming were okay. One little cutie sidled up to me and Snake got one of the touts from out front who was a stunner. I guess because of the decent company the bar appeared better than it was but the reason for the lack of customers was probably explained when the cutie asked me for 3,000 Baht for LT or 2,000Baht for ST. Don't know how much she would have come down cause I didn't try. Couldn't be arsed.
Next point of call and worthy of a mention is Sexy Girls A-Go-Go Soi 8. This place was the surprise of the night and the best bar of the night. Terrific music, (for me that usually means anything but hip-hop), plenty of attractive ladies and a Jacuzzi show by two enthusiastic ladies who were fortunately blessed, naturally, in the chestie area. There were more than a few girls worthy of mine and a novelty of the bar is the girls slide down a fireman's pole, commando style, to get on the stage. Commando style refers to a style of dress rather than a style for slipping down a chuffing pole!! Unfortunately, my other drinking pal, KK, disgraced himself by joining in the Jacuzzi show and plating one of the stars when she had her nether regions exposed at the side of the bath. Score girls one, mongers one. For the record and IMHO, this is one of the best off Walking Street go-go bars and could even give some of the on Walking Street bars a run for their money.
At this point we were stuck with what to do next. We didn't want a late night so that ruled out Walking Street and it was too late for Soi 6 so we looped back round to Soi 7 and tried out Amazing Paradise Bar again. I suspect because it was getting close to closing time and Brad Pitt hadn't turned up, Snake got the cayote dancer, I got one of the 3 from out front and KK got a grogan. Okay by me, all's well that end's well...... Just so there's full disclosure, KK went back to Sexy Girls A-Go-Go Soi 8 and got the previously plated Jacuzzi girl. He said he'd got a bit of a taste for it.......
In the light of day, I've had to reconsider my opinion of Soi 7 and 8. I'm still not a big fan of the open air bars there but the majority of bars listed above make a pleasant change to repeatedly doing the same half dozen bars on Walking Street.
- TQ2 Mem's Birthday Party - Oct 12
- A guest has gone missing after a light oil tanker hit and sank a cruise boat belonging to the Oriental Hotel on Friday evening. The accident occurred at 7pm near the pier of the Yok Yor Restaurant in Bangkok's Klong San district. Police said the cruise boat sank about 20 metres away from the river bank. Eight guests managed to swim ashore but one has gone missing.
- Keep all your software up to date automatically - you don't have to periodically check the software vendor's website to get hold of new software updates, UpdateStar will let you know as and when they become available. Like Belarc Advisor, UpdateStar scans your hard drive and prepares an inventory of software (including freeware and shareware demos) that exist on your system - it then lists the available software updates, if any, along with a link to download those updates.
Other than finding the latest version of software already installed on your computer, UpdateStar can also be used to uninstall programs just the like the Add/Remove programs or MyUninstaller. UpdateStar runs on Windows 2000, XP and Vista. It's fast and did a decent job of finding minor upgrades for some old software running on my computer. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with software drivers. [via Digital Inspiration]
- One evening a husband, thinking he was being funny, said to his wife, 'Perhaps we should start washing your clothes in Slim Fast. Maybe it would take a few inches off of your butt!!'. His wife was not amused, and decided that she simply couldn't let such a comment go un-rewarded. The next morning the husband took a pair of underwear out of his drawer. 'What the Hell is this??' he said to himself as a little 'dust' cloud appeared when he shook them out. 'April,' he hollered into the bathroom,'Why did you put talcum powder in my underwear?' She replied with a snicker...'It's not talcum powder......It's 'Miracle Grow'.'
- President Bush’s daughter Jenna says she doesn’t want to get married in the White House; she
- Hillary has a big lead in the Democratic race for president. Political insiders are speculating that Hillary may choose a Spanish running mate. When Bill heard this, he yelled, “How about Salma Hayek?” [via Conan O'Brien]
- It’s a really great day for Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is ahead of Barack Obama by 33 points. Hillary hasn’t beaten a man this badly since she found out about Monica. [via Craig Ferguson]
- Brad Pitt is saying that George Clooney should run for president, which I think would be good for this country. Anything to keep him from making “Ocean’s 14.”