We, (myself, Snake and Thin & Crispy), changed tactics this week and started early on Walking Street. After reading good reviews of the bar on the Pattaya Forums, we thought we'd make Club Boesche in Covent Garden our first port of call. The bar appeared to be running on 50% staff but the ones that were on view had three things in common, big milk and a distinct lack of enthusiasm for the job in hand. That coupled with the 95 Baht draft beer left us somewhat underwhelmed and at a loss to understand the positive reviews on the forums. As I've said before, it's all a matter of timing and we may just have caught it on an off day.
Next up was Peppermint Go Go to continue our search of No. 87. Again we drew a blank but there were more than a few who made up for her absence. The bar didn't have as many staff on display as usual but what were on display were showing a degree of enthusiasm for the job and as already stated, they have more than their fair share of lookers. One girl in the 'cage' could have been Zena, Warrior Princess. I wouldn't expect to survive the encounter but what a way to go. Happy hour runs to 9.30pm and draft is 55Baht till that time. The strange thing about Peppermint is I've never caught it on an off day. This bar never disappoints so it will always be in my Top 5 favourite Walking Street bars.
Happy Go Go was next and what's left to say about this bar. It's a shoe in for my Top 5 with wall to wall stars, cheap draft beer, no hassle staff, (unless you want it), good show, good service etc, etc, etc. Have to confess that my current favourite lady works in Happy but she appears to specialise in the Japanese sector so I don't fancy my chances unless I get my eyes done. The best way to describe her is she is a Thai Monica Belucci. Oohhhhhaaaaaaa. Snake and Thin & Crispy needed a stick of dynamite to get me out of the bar.
Next up was Sharkey's in Soi Diamond, (entrance opposite Heaven's Above). It's a table dancing, up close and personal sort of place with little to distinguish it from hundred's of other bars in Pattaya. Snake got hooked up with a lovely but he seemed to have a sense of humour failure when I pointed out she looked like his daughter. What's his problem then? Thin & Crispy got another lovely a drink and Snake pointed out she was a ringer for his wife. What is it with these guys?
Next up was Baby Dolls in Soi 15 and I wanted to call in cause I'd met the new manager when he worked in Klaps Muhler, Naklua and he had a fine collection of Northern Soul there. I wanted to see if he'd brought his collection with him to Baby Dolls. Answer, "Feck off you old twat, this is a go-go not a coffin dodger's bar". Rewind needed, I've got ahead of myself here. As we walked in the bar, a girl on a mini stage to the right was getting plated by a farang. On a mini stage to the left two girls were getting friendly but you could hardly see what was going on for the crowd of farang sitting round the stage. They were that close to the action they needed rain coats. In the rear were two girls in a Jacuzzi show and all I can say is they didn't look like they were strangers. On the bench seats around the walls were a number of farang all partnered up and being cared for by a lovely or two. Baby Dolls has redefined up close and personal as far as Walking Street bars go and it's worth a beer or two of your time to check it out. The manager however, would benefit from a course in Customer Relations or a frontal lobotomy, one or the other should do the trick!!!
As we were in Soi 15, we wandered in to What's Up and couldn't believe our eyes. The place was packed, not a seat to be had and there were plenty of ladies to go round. The main attraction was the Jacuzzi in the back but I couldn't get close enough to find out why. Really lively bar, lots of ladies and again, a bar that rates a beer or two of your time. This bar had to be the surprise of the night. Yeah, Peppermint and Happy are top drawer but it's always nice to find a bar that's climbing up the ratings.
At this point, Thin & Crispy took his leave and we suspect he slipped back for the wife look-a-like. Couldn't he have saved his money and just gone home?
Snake and myself jumped a Baht Bus and headed for Sexy Girls Go Go in Soi 8. Snake was looking for the Jacuzzi girl previously entertained by King Kong. The bar still had plenty of girls on offer but not the Jacuzzi girl so we ended up at an open air bar in Soi 7. Snake spotted a girl with the right spec., big milk, no brains, so I took the opportunity to swerve and went home to check the footie results. Yeah, I know, sad bastard.......
- Bibee, Miss Maxim, Thailand - for entrants from other countries check here
- A new table dancing go go has opened on Walking Street next to Voodoo named Casnovy's Go Go. Check out a review at Thai Anxiety .
- Sexy Body Competition 10.00pm tonight at Coyotees Go Go, Soi Marine. These are popular events so get in early if you want a seat
- I notice on the Pattaya Forums that sometimes members (no pun intended) ask for advice of a sexual nature. Surely, this has to be a case of the blind leading the blind. I could give you the e-mail address of my pal Loy cause there ain't any deviation from the missionary he hasn't tried. Unfortunately, he's tied up just now so why don't you try Ask Dan & Jennifer. It's hotter than it sounds.
- Electric Guitar worth €2,500,000. Yes, you read it right. This electric guitar is worth €2,500,000 (US $3,598,002) because it’s made of pure cocaine. A 30-something guy flew from Costa Rica to Fiumicino airport in Rome with a guitar (a black Squier Strat, with the label still on the scratch plate) and 10 thermos flasks in his luggage. The custom officials spotted white powder leaking out of the guitar that was tested positive for cocaine. Even the thermos flasks contained cocaine in solution. The so-called music enthusiast was carrying a total of 3 kg of pure cocaine, having a market value of more than 2.5 million Euros.
- If you’ve ever needed sound effects or music loops, you know that searching the web for a free solutio Soundsnap and it’s a free online sound library. Yep, all 30,000 sounds that they offer are royalty free!
With such a large selection of songs, it’s important to have a clean and simple interface that’s easy to use. They offer just this, and the sounds are tagged and categorized into 16 different categories with many choices in each. Users of Soundsnap play a really important role because they’re the ones that submit the content to begin with, and many of them are sound engineers so it’s not all amateur. If you’re wanting to listen to some of the most popular songs, you can just view their tag cloud. If you want to download a clip, you can first preview it and then download it in MP3, wav or aiff formats. Overall, Soundsnap is a great service that provides a broad selection of sound samples, sound effects, and music loops — all royalty free. You can’t beat that! [via CyberNet]
- Tommy Cooper - Comic Genius
1. Two blondes walk into a building....... ... you'd think at least one of them would have seen it.
2. Phone answering machine message - "...If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key..."
3. A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only Clingfilm for shorts. The shrink says: "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
4. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.
5. I went to the butchers the other day and I bet him £50 that he couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf. He said: "No, the steaks are too high."
6. My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli. A strong currant pulled him in.
7. A man came round in hospital after a serious accident. He shouted: Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!" The doctor replied: "I know you can't I've cut your arms off".
8. I went to a seafood disco last week...... and pulled a muscle.
9. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly. They lit a fire in he craft it sank, proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it.
10. Our ice cream man was found lying on the floor of his van covered with hundreds and thousands. Police say that he topped himself.