An arrest warrant has been issued for Canadian Orville Frank Mader, wanted on pedophilia charges in Thailand. The allegations stem from the abduction of an 8-year-old boy from the Carrefour Shopping Center in South Pattaya on Oct. 28, reports Thailand's Pattaya City News.
The boy was then allegedly taken into the "gay area of Pattaya and was sold to foreign men for the equivalent of something like $15 Canadian dollars," London Times' Andrew Drummond told CTV Newsnet from Thailand. Pattaya, a resort town, is known for its wild bars and considered to be the sex capital of Thailand. "He was severely abused and Thai police think there were 10 men involved," said Drummond. Police allege the Canadian suspect, reportedly from Kitchener, Ont., paid 500 Baht (C$15) to have sex with the boy. [via ctv.ca]
Ed. Both Neil and Mader stayed as guests of the Ben Mansions and we are supposed to believe the police didn't know about the place? This could lead to a few local officials getting 'promoted' to inactive posts. If it happens, you can expect their replacements to clamp down on everything not just Soi VC. If that's what it's gonna take to clear out the Pedos then so be it.
- Hooty's, Walking Street, soft re-opening, Thursday 1st Nov.
- Jennifer Ellison Rollerblading
- Thai authorities are conducting background checks on more than 1,000 foreigners working in Thailand after a spate of arrests for alleged child sex abuse, a senior officer said Wednesday. Colonel Apichat Suriboonya, of Thailand's Interpol office, said police had contacted the home countries of many of the targeted foreigners, most of whom are teachers. "We are now scrutinizing more than 1,000 foreign teachers working in Thailand," he told AFP. [via abs-cbn news]
- Hotels Combined - Is a hotel search site which includes budget hotels, not just 5* like most search sites. [via Asian Sweetheart]
- Lusty Library - Want to read about it as well as do it. This collection would put a smile even on Dame Barbara's face
- If you take a lot of screenshots and a good majority of them are of websites being displayed in our browser then instead of using an external application to snap the screenshots why not get an extension for Firefox that includes an incredible edi
Fireshot is a relatively large extension (in terms of filesize) for Firefox that has just about everything you need. With it you can capture an entire website, including the area that you need to scroll to see, or you can just have it capture what you’re currently viewing. After a screenshot has been captured you’ll be able to annotate the screenshot, crop it, and even blur/gray out an area. After you’re done with a screenshot you can save it to your computer (PNG, JPEG, or BMP formats), copy it to the clipboard, email it, or send it to an external image editor. [via Cybernet]
- This blonde was walking down a road carrying a bag, when a guy came along. The guy asks, ''What are you carrying?'' ''Melons,'' the blonde replies. ''Cool," the guy says. "If I can guess how many there are, can I have one of them?'' The blonde giggles and says, ''If you can guess how many there are, you can have both of them.''
- Sources in Barack Obama’s campaign say that Obama has been watching old tapes of Bill Clinton to improve his style. Which explains why Obama now starts every sentence with “Honey, I can explain.” [via Conan O'Brien]
- Yesterday Vice President Dick Cheney went pheasant hunting. He’s hunting again. This time, to be on the safe side, Cheney chose as his partner, a pheasant. [via Conan O'Brien]
- Britney Spears' new album is getting great reviews despite being recorded in her car, at a Taco Bell drive through. It’s called “Blackout” and it’s expected to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard charts. They’re expecting it to go gold, then go platinum, then go bald . . . [via Jimmy Kimmel Live]
- Ron Paul is a congressman and a doctor. He’s also a practicing gynecologist. He’s the only presidential candidate to tell women to take off their clothes more times than Bill Clinton. [via Jay Leno]