Tuesday 13 May 2008

News

  • A reader pointed me to the Pattaya Message Boards. A classified database of goods to buy or sell, property, jobs etc. etc. I've added them to my list of Useful Pattaya Links in case you need to find them again

 

  • After over a week of waiting, the U.S. got the thumbs up from the Myanmar government to send three relief flights to the country's capital. The first flight left Monday from Thailand's Utapao Air Base. [via Stars & Stripes]

 

  • The Beer Garden has ended it's Bt40 promotion between 3.00pm and 5.00pm and 9.00pm to 11.00pm but all is not doom and gloom. Bottled beers, (excluding Corona) are now Bt50 between these times. Still a deal I reckon. Pattaya Pete (bar owner) posted the following photos on the Pattaya forums this week and I don't think he'll mind me reproducing them here. Pete says he will post photos on a regular basis on the bar's website so check in there if you want to see more

 

  • TQ2 17th Anniversary Party tomorrow night, May 14

 

  • Hammer on Walking Street have reopened their 2nd floor Disko after a 100 million Baht refit

 

  • This photo appeared on the Living in Pattaya blog. At least the girl's got a sense of humour! The reason I've included it here is because I'm sure 'Bar for sale and pussy for rent" was a big hit for Dire Straits. Can anybody put me straight on this one?

 

  • A couple of blogs I read on Bangkok have reported that office girls are getting second jobs in places like Soi Cowboy to supplement their income. It looks like inflation is starting to hit home for some. Not sure what office guys are doing!! Regardless, it looks like inflation has an upside for mongers. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment